MEN: 1,000 mg (ages 19 to 50) 1,200 mg (ages 51 and above)
Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body. More than 99 percent of the body’s calcium is in the bones and teeth, where the mineral provides beauty-boosting benefits. The remaining 1 percent is found throughout the body.
Good sources of absorbable calcium include most milk products, most types of tofu, some dark green leafy cabbage family vegetables, turnip greens, and canned fish such as salmon and sardines that include bones. Moderately good calcium…
It is very simple to avoid vegetable oil, as long as you look on the food ingredients list on the food packaging you buy! Try the alternatives of vegetable oil.
Okay, so after avoiding the vegetable oil and you will get much clear skin. What next?
Step 2: You need to start getting a lot more high quality nutrients into your body. Vitamins, minerals and enzymes are essential to…
What makes a Beauty Food? Look for quality proteins wholesome carbohydrates, healthy fats, and plenty of beauty enhancing vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
Choose foods that are:
* Rich in Nutrients- including high quality of proteins, carbohydrates, and beneficial fats * High in micronutrients, such as skin loving vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytochemicals * Fresh, and preferably grown locally, to preserve the natural vitamins * Organic, or at least grown and prepared without preservatives, pesticides, antibiotics, artificial colors, and other additives * Unrefined, unbleached and unprocessed * High in fiber, to promote slimness
Note: Occasionally when very dry skin is being moisturised, small red spots, some with minute…
Some of the more common myths about the skin are outlined below:The more hair is shampooed the nicer it looks: Over-shampooing can dry out the cuticle cells of the hair, which in healthy hair should be tightly packed and overlap each another. Hair become thinner and tangle more easily. They also break off and develop into what are commonly known as ‘split ends’. Hot showers help to cool you down: Most people think that hot water, even on a hot day, will ‘open’ the pores of the skin and cool off the body. But in reality, a hot shower causes perspiration which, if accompanied by excessive showering, can actually be…
You can subscribe to Beauty Tips, Fashion, Skin Care, Health by e-mail address to receive news and updates directly in your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail below and click Sign Up!