A Foundation should make your skin look as smooth and clear as possible, while also helping to even out the tone. It will then provide the perfect base for the rest of the makeup. Foundations come in a wide variety of colors and types, and it is very important to choose the right one for skin color.
Applied before foundation, color correctors even out specific skin tone problems. Blue will make a reddish complexion look brightens dull skin and helps cover dark under eye circles; green will cool down redness; and purple will correct yellowish dullness and a healthy glow.
They are usually water based and can be spread easily over the skin using the sponge to give lightweight coverage.
Always make sure you choose the right one for your skin type – “oil-free” is good for oily skins., while “moisturizing” is better for drier and normal skins. Look for products that also provide UV protection.
* Yellow based foundations suit ivory-beige skin tones without much red.
* Red based liquid foundations suit pink beige skin tones without much yellow.
* Orange based liquid foundations suit skin tones with a balanced mixture of red and yellow.
For sensitive or problem skins, these foundations are designed to treat the skin as well as cover it. A formulation for dry skin, for example, will contain moisturizing agents, while one for very oily skin will include strong oil-controlling ingredients.
Pressed blocks of color, cake foundations generally have a powder element to help control skin. Cake foundations can be applied with either a damp or dry sponge-check the instructions. This type of foundation is good for all skin types and quick to apply. Look for products that help moisturize and protect the skin as well.
* Creamy beige cake foundations for pinky beige colorings
* Ivory-toned cake foundations for pale complexions
* Orange based honey beige cake foundations for those with mixed red and yellow tones
Used to help even out the skin tone around the eye and provide a good base for eyelashes. They also help eyeshadows last longer and prevent creasing.